Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. Functional medicine is believed to be revolutionary. By shifting from the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms.
About Functional Medicine
At Conquest Health we explore the interactions between genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. We also look “upstream” to find out the exact point at which health balance has tipped over. The unique genetic makeup of each patient is considered, along with both internal (mind, body, and spirit) and external (physical and social environment) factors that affect total functioning. We pride ourselves in providing some hope in the management of chronic disease such as diabetes, asthma, acne, heart disease, hormonal imbalance, autoimmune disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression and anxiety.
We order the following tests to aid in our diagnostic work-up:
Please note this is not a comprehensive list.
- Digestive Stool Analysis: Used primarily to identify gastrointestinal disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease, this test also reveals the health of the gut’s ecology (good and bad bacteria levels). The analysis detects yeast, parasites, and other intestinal toxins.
2. DUTCH HORMONE TEST
- This test measures levels of the hormones progesterone, testosterone, and estradiol over 28 days. The aim is to look for imbalances that we at conquest health believe is extremely key in the pathophysiology of many conditions.
3. Urine Toxic-Metals Test:
- Heavy metals in the environment can enter the body through air, , and food. Once inside, they can cause a host of ills. This urine test requires the patient to drink a chelating agent (a substance that binds to heavy metals and moves them out of the body through urine). Over a six- to 24-hour period, urine is collected and sent to the lab to be screened for lead, mercury, cadmium, and other heavy metals
4. Genetic and epigenetic testing. This helps us explore the genetic makeup of each patient to create an individualised patient protocol to help reverse disease.
5. Micronutrient testing, full inflammatory marker profile and oxidative markers of mitochondrial health. Such detailed form of testing can help us look into deficiencies and assess the level of inflammation to optimise mitochondrial health.
What Does It Cost?
We have endeavored to make our fees transparent but do ask if you need clarification. These are the following costs:
A new patient consultation (£300)
A follow-up consultation with significant results to review (£150)
Testing fees-It is very hard to give a cost an exact cost for this as this will vary from patient to patient.
Purchase of recommended nutritional supplements – again very varied depending on individual circumstances (est. £50-£150/month for 1st 2-3 months – guideline only)
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT
Most doctors are trained to think about the underlying cause of disease. At Conquest Health we pride ourselves in our unique system-oriented, patient-focused model to help optimise your health. Conventional medicine is the medicine of what. We at Conquest Health, seek to answer the question of why.